The Republic of Sudan has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank toward the cost of the Spate Irrigation Development Project in Tokar Financing No.: SU- 0182/0183.
The Eastern Sudan Reconstruction and development Fund (ESRDF) is on the search for a Procurements Officer to supervise all procurement activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and Maintains an updated detailed procurement plan(PP);
- Prepares procurement documents and participates in the evaluation process for contractors and consultants, and prepares documents for contract signing and payments;
- Implements the funded project activities either directly or by engaging the services of third party contractors/consultants in accordance with the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) procurement procedures;
- Maintains accurate procurement records and facilitates post-review and procurement audits on a random basis by the Islamic Development Bank’s supervision missions and cooperates with the independent project auditors.
- Ensures quality compliance of the procured goods and to be in line with budget, necessary approvals & verification and PP, receiving and dispatching;
- Plans, organizes and maintains any stores/warehouse/supply system and records ;
- Hand-over all contractual documentation to the accountant for payment, follow-up, and filing.
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering, Management or Business Administration or and relevant field. Post graduate degree is an advantage.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in procuring goods, services and works for development projects or relevant activities.
- Good knowledge of international Financing Institutions’ procurement procedures, especially the Islamic Development Bank’s Procurement.
- Experience in contract management.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic languages.
- Good command of Computer Programs and Applications.
- Specific experience related to the Islamic Development Bank´s Guidelines is an advantage.
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CVs in English accompanied with proof & professional certificates (non-returnable), clearly marked on the top of the envelope “Application for the procurement Officer post for Delta Tokar project.
Applications should be delivered at or before two o’clock (02) pm of the 17th of April 2016, the closing date, To:
Eastern Sudan Rehabilitation and Development Fund (ESRDF),
Attention: Eng. Abu Obida Mohammed Doj, Executive Manger.
Address: Al Reiad Block No. 20, Plot No. 42, at Junction Dr. Abdalla Altaib Road with Road No. 131 (Al Jazar Extension), Khartoum, Sudan , Tel/Fax: +249+83234973
E-mail: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. Web site: www.esrdf.gov.sd
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.